Teens have teeth and jaw structures that are still developing. The teeth are much easier to reposition, which makes braces treatment shorter and more effective in teens. At Palm Beach Orthodontics, Dr. Angela deFabrique-Abiusi is here to help. She’s a board-certified orthodontist with over 10,000 perfected smiles under her belt. Here are three reasons why teens need orthodontics:
1. Correct Smile Issues
The primary reason why teens need orthodontics is to correct issues with their smiles. Orthodontic treatment can address many dental problems, including overbite, underbite, crossbite, and other misalignments. Teens with a less-than-ideal smile can struggle with confidence issues. Misaligned teeth can also cause problems with speech, chewing, breathing, and sleeping. Addressing the problems can promote better oral and physical health.
You shouldn’t wait for teeth alignment issues to resolve on their own. Adults have fully-developed facial structures that require more effort to adjust and tend to be costlier. Many teens undergo braces treatment, so your child can be more comfortable addressing smile issues during this time. At Palm Beach Orthodontics, we address various teeth and jaw issues. Our orthodontist can help your teen correct the following problems:
- Overcrowding & spacing: Overcrowded and unevenly spaced teeth are common among teens. Orthodontic braces can help realign the teeth and close gaps.
- Misaligned jaw: Braces can align your teeth in their rightful position to prevent pain in your temporal mandibular joint and jaw misalignment issues.
- Overbite & underbite: If you have uneven bites (malocclusions), our orthodontist can devise a comprehensive orthodontic treatment to address the issue.
- Open bites: Braces can fix open bite issues caused by sucking the thumb or using a pacifier for longer than necessary.
- Periodontal problems: Properly aligned teeth can make cleaning and flossing easier, reducing the risk of periodontal problems like gingivitis.
- Unmatched dental midlines: Orthodontic treatment can reposition the cross-sectional lines that divide the top and bottom jaw. Aligned midlines improve facial appearance.
- Other issues: We can treat various other dental issues, including problems with chewing, speech, and self-esteem related to misaligned teeth.
2. Improve Confidence & Presentability
A healthy, more confident smile can help your teen live through their challenging years with less stress and anxiety. Teens are exposed to various social pressures and openly criticized for their imperfections. Some teens fear interacting with others in social settings because of their imperfect smiles. Fixing the issue can prevent such outcomes.
At Palm Beach Orthodontics, we provide comprehensive treatment to give your child their desired smile. Our orthodontist can address the abovementioned issues to help your child achieve a healthy, confident, and bright smile. Teens take selfies regularly and want to show off their smiles. Graduation photos, job interviews, wedding pictures, and other moments also call for the best presentation. A good-looking smile is a big part of physical appearance.
Braces and other orthodontic treatments can result in a more attractive smile. We’ll help your child build strong self-esteem and feel more confident about their smile. Our treatments are customized to meet your child’s needs and achieve proper alignment. We can also help your child correct speech and chewing issues affecting their personality and confidence. Our orthodontic treatment also improves overall health, which is good for confidence.
3. Prevent Disease & Injuries
Properly aligned teeth are less prone to gum disease, tooth decay, and injuries. You can save more on dental costs by seeking early orthodontic treatment from a reputable clinic. The treatment increases jaw mobility and spares your teenage child a lifetime of pain and headaches from a misaligned bite. Our orthodontist specializes in functional and cosmetic services. You can correct issues causing pain and discomfort while achieving an aesthetic smile.
Overbites, underbites, overcrowded teeth, protrusions, and gaps have potential adverse effects on your child’s health and well-being. Some teeth alignment issues worsen with age and become increasingly difficult or costly to address. At Palm Beach Orthodontics, we have an experienced orthodontist ready to tackle any problem. Our board-certified orthodontist can identify the best remedy to give your child a permanent solution for their teeth and jaw issues.
Orthodontic treatment can result in straighter teeth that are easier to clean, brush, and floss. We can also uncover underlying issues that only licensed orthodontists are trained to detect. We perform thorough evaluations to identify and fix all problems, including periodontal diseases. Our orthodontist also provides expert insights to help your teen maintain results and prevent further issues.
Trusted Orthodontics in Palm Beach
Working with an experienced orthodontist is the best way to address teeth and jaw issues. At Palm Beach Orthodontics, we offer boutique, family-oriented orthodontics. Our board-certified orthodontist has perfected thousands of smiles since 2005. We use the latest technology, including 3D imaging, iTero scanners, and efficient communication systems to deliver the best treatment. Our goal is to give you the best smile.